Friday, September 07, 2007
Forget the recipe - it's my blogiversary!
--Chicken Skewers with Spicy Island Marinade
Chicken Skewers with Spicy Island Marinade
All You Can Eat! All Occasion Entertaining Copyright 2006
For the marinade:
2 garlic cloves
¼ cup fresh lime juice
2 tablespoon chopped parsley
½ teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon dried rosemary
1 fresh jalapeño pepper
1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Peel the scallions and garlic. Remove the seeds and stem from the jalapeño pepper. Trim the stems from the mushrooms and clean the mushrooms with a damp cloth.
2. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a food processor and mix until finely chopped.
3. Slice the chicken into 8 equal pieces. Place the chicken in a plastic storage bag with a leak-proof seal. Pour the marinade over the chicken. Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
4. Remove the chicken from the marinade. Discard the marinade. Thread a rolled-up strip of chicken on a skewer. Add a mushroom and another strip of chicken. Repeat with the remaining skewers.
5. Prepare the charcoal grill or preheat a gas grill to high heat. Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill the skewers on each side about 5 minutes or until done. Turn the skewers several times to ensure that all sides cook evenly.
I made this a while ago so I can't remember if I made any changes to the recipe. I know it was good but nothing special. Probably because it was so healthy! There's no oil or any type of sugar in the marinade.
So today's recipe isn't very special but we still have something to celebrate. Tomorrow is my two year blogiversary! Two years! I think the only other thing I've every kept up for two years is breathing. I've made 518 recipes from 190 cookbooks.
I think blogging would be a hard habit to break at this point. I imagine I'll have to move onto something else at some point but that will be a sad day for me.
No Blast From the Past today. Poke around in the archives for a while if you feel like reminiscing.
Question of the Day: How long ago did you first visit my blog?