Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Muffins for dinner
Church Potluck Carry-Ins and Casseroles Copyright 2006
1 pound ground beef
½ cup chopped onion
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon brown sugar
¼ cup bottled barbecue sauce
1 7.5 ounce tube refrigerated biscuits
1. Brown ground beef and onion.
2. Pour off excess fat.
3. Add seasoning and sugar and barbecue sauce.
4. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Separate biscuits.
6. Pres into bottom and sides of a greased muffin tin.
7. Fill with meat mixture and top with cheese. (They didn't mention cheese in the ingredients - good thing I had some on hand.)
8. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.
I had to buy a 4-pack of biscuits when I made the Easy Biscuit Doughnuts. This recipe seemed like a good way to use up another can however my biscuits were smaller. I rolled them out and made them cover as much of the muffin tins as I could but they still didn't cover the sides so the cheese ended up gluing them in. It took a little elbow grease to get them out of the pan and the pan needed a good soaking afterwards but it wasn't too big of a disaster.
I can see how these would be nice to serve to children instead of a traditional sloppy joe. They're cute and definitely not as messy. If you use the right size biscuit, they should pop right out of the pan.
Blast From The Past: Meat Puffs from June 2007. That's a different kind of meat muffin, also very good.
Question of the Day: How often do you cook for kids?