Wednesday, March 18, 2009

From an e-Cookbook



Boston Market Chicken
Top Secret Insider's Recipes Master Edition Copyright 2002

1/4 cup canola oil
1 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. lime juice
1/4 tsp. paprika
4 chicken breast halves, washed and patted dry I used legs

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, combine canola oil, honey, lime
juice, and paprika.

Place chicken, skin side up, in a 7 x 11 inch baking dish. Apply mixture to chicken pieces in a single layer. Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes, basting every 8-10 minutes, until well browned and juices run clear when you cut into the thickest part of the chicken. Remove from oven. Cover with foil for 15 minutes.
_______________________

Someone sent me an e-cookbook (thanks, Rebel!) and this was one of the recipes from it. There are many. many more I want to try.

I haven't been to a Boston Market in a very long time. Are they still in business? The one we had in this area closed a while ago. When I lived in Philly, I lived just around the corner from a Boston Market on South Street and I would grab dinner there when I wanted a comfort meal. I loved the cornbread.

I don't think this recipe is exactly like Boston Market but it did give the skin a wonderful skin that reminded me of my faded memory of Boston Market. The meat didn't really pick up any flavor from this but I used chicken legs which are more flavorful than breasts.

This also reminded me of the individual pieces of cooked chicken I used to buy from the grocery store when I lived alone in Philly. They were prepackaged, fully-cooked pieces of rotisserie chicken (I think Tyson made them) but I haven't seen them in over 10 years. My cats loved when I bought that chicken. It's funny how little I remember about cooking for myself when I was single but every once and a while I think of something I used to eat.

Question of the Day: Do you or have you ever lived alone? I lived alone for many years and I still miss it sometimes.

6 comments:

Rebel In Ontario said...

Your welcome! And I have never lived alone for any length of time...I wouldn't call the week that my DH went hunting and before we had kids "living alone".

Stephanie said...

I am dying to try this recipe. There's one Boston Market that I know of in the city (Boston). I lived alone for 3 years and it was awesome. But I love living with my husband more :)

Jennifer said...

I have actually never lived alone. I lived with my family, then a dorm, then with a roommate, then got married!
I must say, though, some days it sounds soooo appealing. I used to work parttime and really miss the time I had during the day. Now I have an 8-4 job, and someone is ALWAYS home!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I wish I still lived alone. lol. Thanks for this recipe and for the great blog.

Annie Jones said...

I've never lived entirely alone, although there were 13 years when it was just my daughter and me. I'm happily married, but should I ever find myself single again for whatever reason, I don't think I'd want a roommate or spouse. I think I'd love living alone. I'm alone now for several hours a day every day and it's wonderful.

Anonymous said...

The few times I went to the Boston Market here YEARS ago, I wasn't impressed but I don't really remember much about it except that I wasn't impressed :)

Lived alone quite a bit after college. I too, miss it at times. Sometimes I just want quiet.