Monday, August 03, 2009

A Frankenstein recipe

This is not a new recipe but instead it's a combination of two different recipes plus a few ideas I picked up around the internet. I planned on making these for a cookout a couple of weeks ago but we ended up not going. I made them for my coworkers instead.

I used one of my favorite brownie recipes (without the glaze) for the base. I put half the batter in the pan, then added a single layer of graham crackers, and then I spread the remaining batter on top of the graham crackers and baked as directed.

Once they came out of the oven I immediately topped them with mini marshmallows to cover, broken bits of graham crackers and some chocolate chips. Then I added the glaze from the Holly Clegg recipe for Heavenly Hash.

These are super rich but very good, especially the next day. I could only allow myself a small taste and it practically put me in a sugar coma since I've been avoiding most sweets for the past month of so. That is a plus though - one small bit was satisfying leaving no need to raid the pan repeatedly.

Question of the Day: Do you like marshmallow?

4 comments:

M Smith said...

I like marshmallows, but not on their own. Roasted, in cocoa, in brownies ice cream etc. But not just plain out of the bag. It's a texture thing.

When I first saw the photo, I thought you made the crock pot 5 layer brownie recipe: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/04/crockpot-5-layer-brownie-recipe.html

Both look wickedly good...

Sarah {The Student Knitter} said...

I LOVE marshmellows!

Unknown said...

These look good! I thought the graham crackers were PB until I remembered that y'all don't do nuts! Mmmm! I do like marshmallow...even Peeps, they're just fuN!

Anonymous said...

Only if they're melted....or in the process of melting. That makes me think of s'mores. I'm so hungry for them.

Jan