Friday, February 17, 2006

It's Pizza Friday!



Pizza Crust
From the Breadman TR2828 Instruction Manual

¾ cup water, 80 degrees
1 TBL olive oil
1 TBL sugar
½ tsp salt
2 ¼ cups bread flour
1 tsp active dry yeast

Makes 2 (12-inch) crusts or 1 thin 16-inch crust

Use Dough mode and 3 Pizza Menu

1. Divide dough into 2 parts. On lightly floured surface, roll or pat dough into a 12-inch circle. Place on a greased pizza pan.
2. Spread/sprinkle with favorite pizza toppings. Bake at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes or until toppings are bubbling and/or melted.

This is the pizza I made last week. I tried the regular pizza crust recipe instead of the whole wheat (minor difference in the recipe -sub 1/2 cup of whole wheat for 1/2 cup of the bread flour). I decided the whole wheat crust was better but I'm still going to look for other recipes. It's not that easy since my double loaf machine only makes 1 pound loaves and a maximum of only about 2 1/2 cups of flour is recommended for recipes. Most pizza crust recipes I've seen are larger. I'm afraid the larger recipes might not knead and rise properly in my machine so I'll have to scale them down.

I also made a ham and pineapple pizza last week but I didn't get a picture. I used the whole wheat crust recipe for that. Tonight is the sixth time I'm using my bread machine so after that I can cross it off of my list of resolutions. I bought some fresh mozzarella for tonight's pizza.

Sorry for the boring week but I lost three pounds! I had a crazy busy week and I never got around to making a few things I had planned so hopefully you'll see those next week. I also made a pork stew we didn't eat last night, opting for McD's instead, after a particularly crazy day. I'll probably freeze it and maybe post about it when we actually eat it.

Question of the Day: What toppings do you like on pizza?

7 comments:

The Cookbook Junkie said...

On traditional tomato sauce and cheese pizza, I like pepperoni, sausage, green peppers, onions, black olives, mushrooms, ham and pineapple (not all at the same time!)

Heather said...

I am a hamburger girl. I like to also add onions and sometimes green peppers. I love to also make mexican pizzas too. I just really like pizza.

Wanda said...

I love pizza with Italian sausage, (or breakfast bacon), green peppers, mushrooms, olives (black and green), and onions are fine, too. Seems like I am forgetting something though...

And then alternately, I like pineapple, mushroom and canadian bacon.

Anne Coleman said...

I love Hawaiian--and depending on where we get it is either ham and pineapple or ham, pineapple, bacon and green pepper.

Good stuff! Neat blog!

Found you via Diva :)

Tricia said...

pesto instead of tomato-based sauce; chicken, sweet red peppers or sun-dried tomatoes (but not both on the same pizza), feta, maybe spinach. But if I'm at a place like pizza hut with conventional toppings, I'll go for pepperoni and maybe green peppers (depending on who is sharing).

Michele said...

I love pepperoni with black olives and roasted red bell peppers or ham and pineapple or italian sausage with fresh tomatoes. Yum!

Randi said...

Chicken, mushrooms, feta, spinach.