Sunday, February 05, 2006

Read this quickly before it disappears!




Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
Breadman TR2828 Instruction Manual

¾ cup water, 80 degrees
1 TBL olive oil
1 TBL sugar
½ tsp salt
1 ¾ cups bread flour
½ cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp active dry yeast

Makes 2 (12-inch) crusts (Or one 16-inch)

Use Dough mode and 3 Pizza Menu

1. Divide dough into 2 parts. On lightly floured surface, roll or pat dough into a 12-inch circle. Place on a greased pizza pan.
2. Spread/sprinkle with favorite pizza toppings. Bake at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes or until toppings are bubbling and/or melted.

Blogger has been eating my posts all weekend so hopefully that bug has been fixed by now. Fortunately I hadn't posted any recipes over the weekend.

I finally made pizza! It was so easy with my new bread machine. It only takes 50 minutes to make the dough. One of the reasons I've put off making my own crust is that Friday night is pizza night in our house and I work full-time. We don't like to eat dinner late. I can have this done by the time my husband gets home.

I made the whole-wheat version of pizza crusts from my manual and I topped it with jarred sauce, an Italian blend of cheeses, cheddar cheese and then some fresh grated Romano. I also had some pepperoni on hand. I used the screened pizza pans.

I thought it was really good. The crust really reminded me of take-out except that it was whole-wheat. Take-out around here usually isn't cooked right (too soggy and underdone) and the cheese they use can get really greasy. This was so much better.

So I can cross another one off my list of culinary New Year's Resolutions. And I used my bread machine for a third time so I'm halfway to crossing that resolution off the list.

Question of the Day: Do you have a standard meal that you eat on a certain day of the week?

4 comments:

The Cookbook Junkie said...

Pizza on Friday is our only standard night. Not that we've never strayed from that - sometimes we'll get subs.

Even when I was growing up, we always had pizza on Friday.

Heather said...

I am just like you, pizza was the Friday night staple growning up. I wish it was now, but not so much.
Now I really don't have a food that fits with a night of the week that we consistently eat.

Wanda said...

No, not anymore, not really. When our three younger kids were in high school and our #3 son and our future son-in-law played football, we'd have take-out pizza each Friday night after the game.
Nowadays, on Fridays a friend and I usually have the catfish lunch at a local cafe.
No cooking involved, for me.

Tricia said...

My husband's family used to have "supper snacks" on Sunday night - low effort things like scones, cheese and crackers, bowl of popcorn - all while watching the Sunday night Disney show (that dates him, I guess!) We don't really have standard meal nights, but I do have a daily 'menu' for packing school lunches!