Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Cooking through the pain



Herb-Garlic Marinade
The Woman’s Day Cookbook Copyright 1995

1 medium-size onion, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
2/3 cup red wine vinegar
6 to 8 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2/3 cup olive oil

1. In a blender or food processor, combine all the ingredients except the oil and process until finely chopped. With the motor running, slowly add the oil through the feed tube until well blended.
2. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.

I'm been suffering from neck pain for a week now and yesterday it was the most painful. This started when I was just sitting at my desk. Sitting at my desk! You would think my body would hold off revolting until I turned 40 but no.

So I'm glad I had this simple dinner planned. Before blogging, I bought a lot of bottled and packaged marinades but it's so easy to whip up marinades and rubs if you have a decently-stocked pantry. (Thank God for proofreading - I don't think anyone wants me creating marinades out of well-stocked panties.) I throw the chicken together with the marinade in the morning and then I just have to toss it on the George Foreman when I get home from work. What could be easier?

I think this marinade would be great on pork too.

Question of the Day: How do you prepare meat to grill? Rub? Marinade?

1 comment:

Heather said...

We are the last minute throw some spices on kind of people. We don't plan ahead very well. However in Cooking light this month they have some marinade type dishes where you just throw it on and let it sit for 15 minutes before you grill. I will let you know what I discover.