Thursday, November 18, 2010

Meatloaf recipes

Apparently I love meatloaf (or meat loaf, if you prefer). I've made quite a few of them and I thought it would be handy to put all the meatloaf recipes together in their own post. There isn't a true stinker in the bunch - I enjoyed them all. I couldn't tell you which one was the best either. That's really impossible to say.

As you can see in many of the pictures, I often cook my meatloaf ahead of time, then I grill it on my Cuisinart Griddler. Oddly, I never seem to make meatloaf with gravy. I'll have to work on that.

I'll add any future meatloaves I make to this list.

Laura P's Grandma's Meat Loaf, submitted by a reader, this meat loaf has a touch of sage in the meat and a touch of nutmeg in the sauce




Family-Style Turkey Loaf, a gluten-free meatloaf made with ground turkey



Herbed Chicken Meatloaf, a Greek-inspired meatloaf, served in a pita



Brown Sugar Meat Loaf, a classic from the Bridges of Madison County Cookbook



Buffalo Chicken-Blue Cheese Meatloaf, from one of the Biggest Loser Cookbooks



BBQ-Bacon Meat Loaf, another Biggest Loser recipe, made with ground chicken



Tomato Meat Loaf, there are no eggs in this version



Spicy Glazed Meat Loaf, a crockpot meatloaf - watch the salt in this!



Mom’s Meatloaf, a Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives recipe



Picante Meat Loaf, a diabetic recipe for meat loaf



Mom’s Meat Loaf, another slow-cooked version of meatloaf



Turkey Meatloaf with Brown Sugar-Ketchup Glaze, a Cook's Illustrated recipe, slightly fussier than your average meatloaf but not too complicated. It's from 'Best Light Recipes'.



Dutch Meat Loaf, an awful picture but this is one of my favorite meatloaf recipes



Mexican Meat Loaf, this one uses tortilla chips



Lyn's Meatloaf - this one has a ketchup-brown sugar glaze with cloves and allspice

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh! You just handed me a gift basket....I LOVE meatloaf and want to go right down the list night after night. But, I think my family might not be as enthusiastic, so I will space them out.

Jan

P.S. I am so glad you're back to blogging frequently. I hope things are better all around for you.

Mrs. L said...

Oh man, I love all those recipes for meatloaf! Thanks for putting them in one post. Except now it's going to be hard to figure out which one to cook first (I'm thinking the Dutch Meatloaf to start with).

#1SAHM said...

My grandma made THE best meatloaf ever (if I do say so myself ; ), would you like the recipe? = ) Let me know.
~Laura

Sara said...

i am saving this post so i can make all these meatloaves this winter. they all sound wonderful.

Alisha said...

Oooh I love your re-cap! Have you tried Ina Garten's turkey meatloaf? That has to be my favorite.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your unique meatloaf recipes. This would be good when I have visitors, given with less time of preparation. Also, I'd like to try grilling it using my mom's gas barbecues. Sale has been in town due to the approaching Holidays, that she even bought
barbeque accessories to complete the set.

Unknown said...

My name is Brad. I'm from Brazil. I am twenty years old. I have a very interesting blog. I love to write about society. I found your blog very nice. Although not speak your language, I struggle. Forgive me for grammatical errors. I would like you to visit my blog. My last post is talking about forms of expression - within the art world. It's really an interesting posting.
There are other posts that talk about various topics: politics, sex, music (samba, rock and funk), society, rights and duties, interesting videos, global warming, among other issues.
All texts are in Portuguese. But do not worry! My blog has a translation system, from any and all languages. Just find the flag for your language and click.
Well, speaking a little about your post ... I found your writing is very well written. Although I understand little, I could understand something.
I hope your visit there. You can be sure that your comment on my blog leave me very happy.
The address is www.indoverso.blogspot.com
If you want to communicate with me via an email ... bradpaghanni@hotmail.com

Any questions, please enter my name in google or youtube.
Thanks, friend.