Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Fancy schmanzy?




Swiss Chicken
The Best of Mr. Food Copyright 2000

6 skinned and boned chicken breasts halves I used tenders
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon pepper
6 (4-inch square) slices Swiss cheese

1 (10 ¾ ounce) can of cream of chicken soup, undiluted
¼ cup milk
2 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix I used about 3 cups
¼ cup butter, melted

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken in greased 9”x13” baking dish; sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper. Top each breast with a cheese slice; set aside.
2. Combine soup and milk, stirring until smooth; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with stuffing mix, and drizzle with butter.
3. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until chicken is done.

I've been seeing this recipe for years and I finally decided to try it, since I had the herb stuffing leftover from the meatloaf I made a while back. I wasn't disappointed, this was quite good. I don't know that I agree with Mr. Food's assertion that this is a 'fancy schmanzy' dinner, but it was a great family meal. My 21-month old even enjoyed it.

This is my only Mr. Food cookbook but the man is a marketing genius, isn't he? He's like a male Sandra Lee. Some quick and tasty recipes and a catch phrase (Oooo, it's so good!) and the man is probably a millionaire.

No comments: