Thursday, September 18, 2008

Apples Apples Apples

It's that time of the year when I start thinking more about apples. I'm not sure why since apples are pretty much available all year long. Here are some recipes that I've made that used apples:

Apple Oat Bran Muffins:


Cinnamon-Cider-Cranberry Cake:


Apple-Oat Muffins:


Cinnamon-Apple Cake:


Cinnamony Apple Streusel Bars:


Washington State Granny Smith Apple Pie:


Mountain Dew Apple Cobbler:


I've made a few recipes that used applesauce:

Five-Grain Cinnamon Bread:


Easy Spicy Apple Sauce Muffins:


Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins:


Whole Wheat Applesauce Waffles:


Here's a savory apple recipe:

Red Cabbage With Apples:


Question of the Day: What's your favorite apple recipe?

5 comments:

HotHeaded said...

The apple crisp recipe from my a community cookbook I have. We have been eating it at least once a week. Sometimes I make it with peaches but my youngest doesn't like peaches. So its been mainly apples.

Now I'm hungry for some!

Betsy said...

Wow, these all look so yummy! Thanks for sharing!

Michele said...

Today was an apple day for me as well. I did an apple and cranberry tea cake. The house smelled divine while it was baking. I love the smells of Fall.

The Gurganious Family said...

What a perfect post! Our mom's group is taking the kids apple picking next week, so I will need all of these! Can't wait! Thanks!

. . . said...

thanks for this roundup!

my favorite thing to do with apples is to pair them with brie and prosciutto. it's a wonderful and easy appetizer.