Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Muffins for dinner
--Barbecue Cups



Barbecue Cups
Church Potluck Carry-Ins and Casseroles Copyright 2006

1 pound ground beef
½ cup chopped onion
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon brown sugar
¼ cup bottled barbecue sauce
1 7.5 ounce tube refrigerated biscuits
Cheese

1. Brown ground beef and onion.
2. Pour off excess fat.
3. Add seasoning and sugar and barbecue sauce.
4. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Separate biscuits.
6. Pres into bottom and sides of a greased muffin tin.
7. Fill with meat mixture and top with cheese. (They didn't mention cheese in the ingredients - good thing I had some on hand.)
8. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.

Serves 8.
_______________________

I had to buy a 4-pack of biscuits when I made the Easy Biscuit Doughnuts. This recipe seemed like a good way to use up another can however my biscuits were smaller. I rolled them out and made them cover as much of the muffin tins as I could but they still didn't cover the sides so the cheese ended up gluing them in. It took a little elbow grease to get them out of the pan and the pan needed a good soaking afterwards but it wasn't too big of a disaster.

I can see how these would be nice to serve to children instead of a traditional sloppy joe. They're cute and definitely not as messy. If you use the right size biscuit, they should pop right out of the pan.

Blast From The Past: Meat Puffs from June 2007. That's a different kind of meat muffin, also very good.

Question of the Day: How often do you cook for kids?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ummm...like, never! :-) My mom used to make these when I was little...I liked them then, but I don't know if I would now. A good kid food.

Anonymous said...

Yes, every day. It is sometimes challenging...I leave out some ingredients that I know they don't like in certain dishes. But, all in all, I guess you could say they are pretty good eaters.

I made these little goodies once. In the Saturday edition of our daily newspaper is a children's section that includes a recipe easy enough for children to make (some with adult help) and something they would probably like. I'm glad I'm reminded to make them again soon.

Jan

Michelle said...

Sounds like a good recipe for kids. I think I'll try it.

As far your question...I seem to run a resturant at my house. My oldest is very picky...my youngest only 18 months will eat pretty much anything and my husband works shift work, I'm cooking all the time...so everyday sometimes, 2/3 different times.

I too have a recipe blog come check it out...P B & J or else...


By the way...love your blog

karen said...

My 2-year old has recently become a very big fan of anything that resembles either a muffin or a pancake so I'm definitely going to be making these soon!