Thursday, March 20, 2008

Satisfying but not worth repeating
--Tex-Mex Turkey




Tex-Mex Turkey
Favorite Brand Name Slow Cooker, Casseroles and More Copyright 2002

1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat condensed tomato soup
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
Nonstick cooking spray
1 cup sliced green onions
1/2 cup diced green chilies
1/2 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup sliced ripe olives (optional) I left these out
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 pound turkey tenderloins, cut into thin strips I used chicken
1/2 teaspoon salt
Hot cooked rice (optional)

1.Combine soup and sour cream in small bowl; mix well. Set aside. Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add onions, chilies, corn, bell pepper, olives, if desired, garlic and chili powder; cook and stir over medium-high heat until onions and pepper are tender.
2.Add turkey to skillet; brown evenly. Add soup mixture and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Serve with rice, if desired.
________________________

Well Blogger just lost my entire post (although mysteriously not the last change I made which was to the title???)

I don't have time to recreate my post. This recipe was good, just not special enough to repeat. That's about it today! Sorry. Blame Blogger!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made your Banana Oatmeal Muffins the other day and mistakenly added 1/2 c. of oats instead of 1/4 c. Well, needless to say, they were very dry and I couldn't believe the DGD's ate them anyway. I could hardly choke one down (had to drown it in butter). I'll make them again and TRY to get it right.

Jan

Heather said...

dang blogger!!
Love that you still posted!!