Friday, July 25, 2008

Back to Auction - July 25, 2008



This was my first trip back to auction since the baby was born, and since my cookbook guy left me. I picked up a cauliflower ($2.50), 3 green peppers ($1), blueberries ($6 for local homegrown - there were cheaper options but these looked the best), 2 red peppers and a cucumber ($1.25 for both of those but I was overcharged - should have been 83 cents). I needed a new peppermill so I bought a peppermill, salt shaker set for $14. I have no idea if that's a good price but there's a nice kitchenware stand at the auction and I like supporting it. I saw similar sets on cooking.com for $19.95 and $29.95 so I'm happy with that price.

I stopped by someone selling 'junk' and saw a collection of McCall's softcover cookbooks (a partial collection, 11 out of 18 from the set). I walked away since I have other McCall books and I didn't see a price - basically I just wasn't in the mood to cookbook shop since it was hot and I had both boys with me. Well, the seller told me to just take them off of his hands and he tossed them into my stroller! I was caught off guard. I wanted to buy something from him but he didn't have anything I wanted. Then later I saw that he only wanted a buck for all 11 books (10 cookbooks and an index). Geez, I would have paid $1!

Not shown is the small root beer snow cone ($1) and pack of cotton-candy flavored bubble gum (55 cents) that I bought my son.

Total: $26.30.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what you can cook with those McCalls cookbooks.