Thursday, January 19, 2006

A cocktail



Granada
The American Bar and Cocktail Book Copyright 1998

2 oz dry sherry
2 oz brandy
1 oz orange curaçao I used Grand Marnier
Top up with chilled tonic water
slice of orange

Stir with ice in a mixing glass then pour into a highball glass. Top with chilled tonic water and decorate with orange slice.

Okay, so I'm a little behind on recipes since I was busy planning that party last week. So last night I pulled out a cocktail 'cookbook' and saw what I could come up with, working with my measley liquor selection. I think this was the only recipe in the book I had the ingredients for and it was actually good. But, I haven't had much more than a few sips of wine in years so I really couldn't handle this drink so I only had a taste of it. Okay, a couple of 'tastes'. If I didn't have to come to work today I might have had a little bit more but I didn't want to come to work stinking of alcohol. Drinks like this have way of coming through your pores the next day (or at least that's how they make me feel.) This drink reminds me of a long island iced tea - strong and and citrusy.

1 comment:

Michele said...

I tagged you for a meme, you're it!