Monday, January 23, 2006

A Meme in 7's


Michele tagged me for a meme!


Seven Culinary Things to do Before I Die:
I have a list of things I want to do this year:
2006 Culinary Resolutions

I haven't thought further than that.

Seven Things I Can't do in the Kitchen:
1. Anything that requires a lot of patience or detail work.
2. Keep things organized.
3. Keep things clean while I'm cooking.
4. Make coffee without getting grounds all over the place.
5. Resist opening the refrigerator when I'm bored.
6. Find what I need from my pots and pans cupboard without a flashlight and a lot of cussing.
7. Speak fluent French (but I can't do that anywhere).

Seven Things that Attract me to Food Blogging:
1. Inspires me to use my cookbooks.
2. Excuse to buy more cookbooks.
3. It was a fun way to turn my love of food into a hobby.
4. People leave comments and I feel loved.
5. People don't leave comments and I feel unloved but I get over it and it makes me a stronger person.
6. Excuse to buy more cookbooks.
7. Excuse to buy more cookbooks.

Seven Things I Say Most Often While Cooking:

1. Crap! Where the hell is the _______? (Fill in blank with whatever I am frantically searching the cupboards for.)
2. Go play with your father.
3. PLEASE go play with your father.
4. Sorry Ernie, but if you're going to sit in the middle of the floor, your tail is going to get stepped on.
5. Yes, I'm going to take a picture of this. You kill and stuff dead animals as a hobby. Don't look at me as if I'm strange.
6. Not now honey, Nicholas might walk in.
7. Okay, but make it fast.

Seven Cookbooks I Love:
This is like asking me to pick out my favorite child. Okay, I only have one child but you know what I mean. I have no favorites but these are seven that I really like at the moment.
1. Food and Wine Magazine's Quick From Scratch One-Dish Meals Cookbook
2. Food and Wine Magazine's Quick From Scratch Pasta Cookbook
3. Food and Wine Magazine's Quick From Scratch Chicken Cookbook
4. Heck, I'm a sucker for any cookbook with lots of pictures and recipes I can actually make.


Seven Cooking Shows I can Watch Over & Over Again:
The only two I really like right now are the Barefoot Contessa and Everyday Italian but I'm a sucker for any cooking show, or even the shopping networks when they're cooking.

1 comment:

FoodNinja said...

Geez it is like you are in my house too... LOL