Monday, April 20, 2009

Back but not with a bang



Zesty Italian Chicken
Busy Woman's Cookbook Copyright 2000

6 chicken fillets
1 (8-ounce) bottle zesty Italian dressing
1 teaspoon garlic powder

Place chicken in baking dish. Pour dressing over chicken and sprinkle with garlic powder. Marinate 1 hour or overnight. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
__________________________

Chicken marinated in Italian dressing is always good but I think I'll stick to grilling marinated chicken from now on. I think it tastes better grilled, even on the Griddler, and it definitely looks better grilled. This chicken wasn't very attractive after being baked. It would have been a lot faster to grill it too. Oh well, I'll remember next time. Maybe. My brain is Swiss cheese.

After being away for so long I should have come back with something fancy or complicated. However although the party may be over and life can return to normal now, I have lots of catching up to do, everywhere, not just on this blog. So this week you'll have to settle for the few random recipes that have been sitting on deck.

Realistically speaking, I don't expect to be able to devote the attention to this blog that I'd like to until the baby gets a little bit older. He's at that stage now where he gets into everything and needs almost constant attention. He's learning new stuff everyday and I'd rather not miss any of by having my head in a cookbook so I'm just going to do the best I can here right now. I doubt I'll be making anything complicated for quite a while.

Question of the Day: So how are you doing?

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

I don't know what it is, maybe the blandness look - but I prefer grilled chicken too. Unless there are hefty, colorful spices involved. :D

I am on almost non-stop baby watch, with my 13mo old - who is cruising, but not yet fully walking. He'll likely be our last - so I know what you mean...he is my priority atm.

Red Dirt Mummy said...

All good here. Glad to see you back, regardles of what you're cooking.