Wednesday, November 22, 2006

One of those so-so dishes



Chicken Dijon
The All-New Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook Copyright 2006

3 tablespoons butter
6 skinned and boned chicken breasts I used tenderloins
1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
1 medium-size sweet onion, diced
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden. My chicken was still sort of frozen so it didn't brown - too much liquid. Whisk together broth and remaining ingredients; pour over chicken. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes.

Yield: 6 servings
_________________________________

This was one of those dishes that was fine, not awful, but not that special either. It would have been better if I had good Dijon mustard in the house but when I went to make this I realized I had a brand that is okay for adding a tablespoon here and there but not my favorite for starring in a recipe. It was a simple recipe that I made out of ingredients I keep on hand so it scored extra points for that.

It's pie and dinner roll making day. I won't start until later. I want everything to be as fresh as possible. Grocery stores are open tomorrow if the rolls don't turn out that well!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving (or a Happy Thursday, if you're not in the states)!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a good Thanksgiving - hope the rolls go well.

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful Turkey Day - may your rolls be light and perfect and the bird, tender and juicy!

ThursdayNext said...

I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving! :) I can't wait to hear about the recipes you used! I have a great sweet potato recipe I got from foodnetwork (Ina Garten). My nephew loved it! The orange juice was a great add to it...
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/
recipes/recipe/0,1977,
FOOD_9936_20882,00.html