Thursday, December 22, 2005

All together now!



I think I'm finished. Since so many people are taking tomorrow off, I delivered my cookies to my coworkers today. I took today off because I was so tired and because my son was sick last night, causing me to miss out on most of the precious little sleep I have been getting this week.

Above is one of the trays that I made up for my coworkers. They each get their own. I included fudge drops, Welsh cookies, snickerdoodles, salted peanut cookies, chocolate orange dreams, ricotta cookies, cherry cherry cookies, coconut almond bars, graham cracker chewies, apricot and raspberry cream cheese thumbprints and fruit cake. In a separate box, they received peanut butter fudge and four chip fudge.

As it happens every year, holiday baking started off fun and by the end I was more than ready to put away my measuring cups for another year. I'm never sure if the end justifies the means but I guarantee next year I will be excitied about baking again. My memory is selective. One year, with only a couple of days notice, I was sent to San Juan to work the two weeks prior to Christmas, returning the day before Christmas Eve. I still cranked out seven different recipes when I returned. Two years ago I was due to give birth in two weeks and I still baked and baked and baked some more. It's a sickness.

I'm considering baking some banana bread for my son's daycare providers, to go along with the gift certificates I bought them. I'm just not sure if I have it in me.

No comments: