Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Gearing up for Christmas

There will be less action around here as I prepare for the holiday. I'm busy planning for baking and candy making, something I don't start until about a week before Christmas. In an effort to clear space out of the cupboards and freezer and to save money, I'm also trying to cook only foods I already have on hand so some meals will be quite simple (tonight we'll have grilled chicken sandwiches and frozen french fries) and others are past recipes revisted. Last night I treated hubby to Sweet-Sour Meatballs , a recipe from a few weeks back that he really enjoyed. More importantly, I had all the ingredients on hand.

It's hard to keep up the blogging when I'm not receiving a lot of feedback but I'm enjoying it so it will continue. If anyone is reading, just expect content to slow up for a couple of weeks, then expect an onslaught of cookie and candy recipes. I'm going to try to vamp up the template here and by the beginning of the year I'll be back full-throttle. Expect an usual amount of venison recipes - after many, many years my husband seems to have finally got the knack of hunting and he has two deer to consume.

If you're out there, please comment, especially if you've tried any of the recipes. These aren't my own recipes so feel free to leave a comment even if you don't like something. This blog isn't just about the good recipes - if I can save someone from making a sub-par recipe, that's a good thing too, right?

Sorry about the word verification on the commenting but I was getting tired of all the spammed comments.

4 comments:

The Cookbook Junkie said...

Thank you so much for the feedback!

There will be a few recipes appearing between now and the holidays, just not as many as usual.

MommyProf said...

People are often stingy with the comments, but if you get something like blogpatrol (www.blogpatrol.com), you can at least know if people are reading.

I gave you a shout - out a few weeks ago.

MP

Anonymous said...

Hey honey,
I'm on here almost everyday checking out your great recipes and I may not comment often but I wanted you to know that I like your open and honest critics of everything you cook and feed your family. Keep up the good work and I think I will be trying out a lot of of the venision recipes in the future, DH was also successful this year!

The Cookbook Junkie said...

Thanks, girls! I'm not trying to set the blogging world on fire here, it's just great to know I'm not talking to myself LOL.