Wednesday, June 13, 2007

June 2007 Cookbook Giveway





This month I'm giving away Mark Bittman's How To Cook Everything. I just got my hands on a copy myself and so far I've only made Strawberries with Swedish Cream and Lemon Rice but this book has been around long enough and won enough awards for me to give it away confidentally even without personally trying many of the recipes. I have seen a food blogger or two swear by this cookbook.

This isn't an exciting cookbook visually but it's a good one to have in your collection for the basics and for small twists on the basics. I don't know if you can actually learn how to cook everything from this book but it does a good job of covering a large variety of foods. Mark Bittman is know for his minimalist style but that doesn't mean that all of the recipes are plain and unexciting. I've bookmarked quite a few of them already.

This is the 10th cookbook giveaway. There wasn't a huge amount of interest last month (only 10-11 people) but that just makes the odds better for those who do sign up.

This is how it works - just leave a comment on this post. I just need an e-mail address (if your profile links to an e-mail, you don't need to type it out, I'll find it). Entry is open until the last day of the month. First chance I get after that, I'll draw the winner. Then I'll contact the winner for a mailing address and then I'll mail the book! I'll pay the shipping, of course (I'll probably send it media rate - postal rates have gone up again). I'll open this to everyone - in or out of the U.S.

I've received some some weird hits, resulting from queries on common e-mail extensions, hitting the cookbook giveaway posts. Probably someone trolling for e-mail addresses so feel free to modify your e-mail address when you leave it, using 'at' instead of @ and 'dot com' instead of '.com', etc.

Good Luck!

************************

The winner is Sugar__Mama!

**************************

29 comments:

Cindaku said...

I'd love to win this cookbook! Love your blog because you usually choose recipes that I would also choose to make.

MommyProf said...

I already won a book, but just wanted to say I *heart* Bittman.

~rachel said...

I would love this cookbook. I've been enjoying your blog for a few months now.

Anonymous said...

Hi Paula
I would love to be entered in your contest...I've been curious about this cookbook as so many bloggers rave about it.

Karen
kw29294 at yahoo.com

p.s. I check your blog regularly, particularly when I'm searching for ideas on what to make for dinner!

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about buying this for awhile - winning it would be even better!

RoSco said...

I'd like to enter to win! Thank you so much for these contests.

Claudette said...

thanks for having these cool contests for us readers :)

Anonymous said...

I'd love to try again to win a cookbook from you.

zekks at yahoo.com

Thanks!

Lawn Mower Queen said...

I'm definitely interested!
lawnqueen[at]gmail[dot]com

Unknown said...

thanks for the chance!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I've had my eye on this one for a while! I'd love to win it! karenwabeke AT yahoo DOT com

Laura's mom said...

Please include me!

M Smith said...

Ooooh! Count me in! I've wanted to check out this book for a while now...

Betsy said...

Thank you! I would love to add a new cookbook to my collection!

betskev at earthlink dot net

Colleen said...

OOH! I've always wanted this cookbook. I'm so excited - even if I don't win (but I hope I do!) I know someone is really going to enjoy this one.

I couldn't believe how few people signed up last month - we have already bet last month's numbers.

Good luck to all!colleeneasteratyahoo.ca

Randi said...

Randi66 at cabletv dot ON dot CA

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Wow! Count me in, pleeeaaase!

sugar__mama said...

me too please

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting this book for awhile!! I've heard good things about it. Thanks!! :)

gingers99@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

me me!

okaywhatever@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Ditto to everyone else's comments.
jenjw4 at yahoo.com

. . . said...

love the blog! and love the giveaway! =)

wordinista at gmail dot com

Jo Anne said...

I'm new to cooking blogs and just love reading them and love overseas cookbooks - from Sydney ,Australia

Anonymous said...

Oops - said I was new - forgot my email as I don't have a blog -
nelsonjaybear at gmail dot com.
Sorry

Anonymous said...

I'm usually a photo recipe kind of girl but I think I'd really like this. Thanks.
kanddallison at yahoo dot com

Columbus Foodie said...

Count this fellow cookbook junkie in!

columbusfoodieATgmailDOTcom

smoykim said...

try, try again! lots of entries this time though... smoykim at yahoo.com

Sugar__Mama said...

Woohoo! Thank you Paula!

Unknown said...

I enjoy your blog. Thanks for another chance at this cookbook!

Lisa
heermann.lisa at gmail.com