Friday, June 20, 2008

Short and simple
--Barbecue Hamburger Steaks



Barbecue Hamburger Steaks
Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook Copyright 2000

1 lb. ground beef
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
½ cup milk
1 cup soft bread crumbs
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. vinegar
3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 cup ketchup

1. Combine beef, salt, pepper, milk and bread crumbs. Mix well. Form into patties. Brown is saucepan and drain.
2. Combine brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup in slow cooker. Add ground beef patties, pushing them down into the sauce, so that each one is well covered.
3. Cover. Cook on Low 4-6 hours.

Makes 4 servings.
__________________________

I know, this recipe is nothing knew around here. It's very similar to another favorite - Sweet-Sour Meatballs. We happen to like this kind of recipe and more importantly, I usually have all of the ingredients on hand to make something like this.

That's it today. I'm tired. I have way too many things to get done. TGIF! Have a great weekend.

6 comments:

ThursdayNext said...

Have a great weekend!

Bunny_lover said...

Have a restful weekend!

Outdoor Barbecue Recipes said...

Great recipe! Try it with my bbq coleslaw salad and I hope that you'll be impressed.

Sara said...

Yum! I loved those meatballs, I'll have to try these next week.

Renee Clark said...

Great Article

Sanu Dutta said...

Looks scrumptious, I would like to smoke one of these on my electric smoker and I'm sure it will enhance its flavor.