Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Something practical
--Sausage-Beef Spaghetti Sauce



Sausage-Beef Spaghetti Sauce
Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook Copyright 2000

1 lb ground beef
1 lb Italian sausage, sliced
2 28-ounce cans crushed tomatoes
¾ can (28-ounce tomato can) water
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. pepper
2 Tbsp. or more parsley
2 Tbsp. dried oregano
2 12-ounce cans tomato paste
2 12-ounc cans tomato puree

1. Brown ground beef and sausage in skillet. Drain. Transfer to a large slow cooker.
2. Add crushed tomatoes, water, garlic powder, pepper, parsley, and oregano.
3. Cover. Cook on HIGH 30 minutes. Add tomato paste and tomato puree. Cook on LOW 6 hours.
____________________

This recipe isn't all that interesting but it made a HUGE amount, so now I have sauce in the freezer for when after the baby comes.

It was good, nothing special but a good basic recipe that hit the spot. It was heavy on the oregano which I thought might bother me at first but it didn't.

I'm too exhausted to form any more coherent thoughts today. I think I set the record for getting up to pee last night.

Blast From The Past: Mini Cocoa Swirl Cheesecakes from October 2007. I should make those again since they're relatively low in carbs.

Question of the Day: Did you get a good night's sleep last night?

5 comments:

Wanda said...

YES!!! I did. And that is rare enough, that I am thrilled with it.

Anonymous said...

Wanda! What happened?? I can't believe you had a good night's sleep, poor baby. Of course, I did. (I could be a professional).

Jan

Anonymous said...

I got about 3 hours total sleep between 10 pm and 7 am. Little Mister decided to become Mister Cranky Butt and cry anytime I wasn't feeding him. So no I didn't sleep good last night and probably won't for a few months. ugh

DancesInGarden said...

Better than I expected, but it seems like never enough LOL.

When I was pg with DD, she carried very high under my ribcage and I had a hard time breathing, worse laying down. My best way to catch an hour or two was sitting up leaning on the back of the couch, propped with pillows.

((hugs))

ThursdayNext said...

Nope...I am on vacation and was up late being happy I didnt have work this morning!