Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Pretty good pork
--Pork Tenderloin with Mustard Sauce



Pork Tenderloin with Mustard Sauce
The New Holly Clegg Trim & Terrific Cookbook Copyright 2002, 2006

¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
¼ cup bourbon
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat
Mustard Sauce

In an 11 x 7 x 1 ½ -inch non-stick baking dish, combine the soy sauce, bourbon, and brown sugar. Add the tenderloins. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.

Remove the meat from the marinade, discarding the marinade; place the tenderloins on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest portion registers 160 degrees F. Serve with the Mustard Sauce.

Mustard Sauce

2/3 cup fat-free sour cream I used lite
2/3 cup light mayonnaise I used regular
2 tablespoons dry mustard
½ cup thinly sliced chopped green onions

In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, dry mustard, and green onion. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
____________________

I made this last week and it wasn't bad but the marinade didn't penetrate the pork as much as I would have liked (and I marinated it about 9 hours). The sauce was good too but I really like mayonnaise so it's pretty easy to please me when mayonnaise is in a recipe.

Well I'm tired and I'm running behind so I'm going to skip the Blast From The Past and the Question of the Day. I have to work one more day and then I can make pies!

2 comments:

ThursdayNext said...

My beau's mom made pork with a mustard sauce that paralleled this recipe - so yummy. Have fun pie making!

Annie said...

I already made a pie for Thanksgiving ~ Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie. I froze it, which I'm wondering if it was a good idea. I read somewhere, after I did it, that pumpkin isn't the best pie to freeze. Oh well, I guess well see on Thursday!