Thursday, November 29, 2007

A quick one
--Spicy Mayonnaise



Spicy Mayonnaise
Salads A Recipe Book by Heinz Copyright 1956

Blend ½ cup Mayonnaise, ¼ cup Heinz Tomato Ketchup and 1 teaspoon ground ginger. Chill. Makes ¾ cup.

_________________________

I won't sugarcoat this - I was being lazy. Well, not lazy exactly but I realized that I didn't have anything to post for today. For dinner, I freestyled some pork with my homemade red onion marmalade again. I had no new recipe to share. I warned you that this month was going to be tough.

The blend of tomato and ginger really appeals to me. This was pleasant, although I think it could have been kicked up a notch, maybe by using chili sauce instead of ketchup.

This little promotional cookbook has a few decent sounding salads which is rare in an older salad book. I don't know why but most 'vintage' salad recipes just don't appeal to me. There are usually plenty of congealed salads and odd combinations which this book has it's share of but there are quite a few other recipes that actually appeal to me.

I'm going to have to make this brief or next week is going to be even more lame since I need to plan my menu for next week.

2 comments:

ThursdayNext said...

Even the best bloggers need a break around the holiday season! :) Right now I am trying to pick a trifle recipe for dessert and have been narrowing it down for days...gah!

Anonymous said...

I think my mom used to do this! Mayo, Ketchup but I think a bit of chili sauce like you mentioned (spicy but I doubt my mother knew what ginger was back then!)