Monday, March 17, 2008

Satisfying another craving
--Egg Salad Filling



Egg Salad Filling
Best Recipes From the Backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans and Jars Copyright 1979, 1981, 1982

4 hard-cooked eggs, finely chopped
½ cup finely chopped celery
1 Tbs. French’s Prepared Mustard
2 Tbs. mayonnaise
1 Tbs. parsley flakes
¼ tsp. celery salt
1 tsp. sugar

Combine ingredients and mix thoroughly.
_____________________

I had been thinking a lot about making egg salad but I usually tend to use a lot of mayonnaise and that isn't healthy. This recipe caught my eye because it doesn't use a lot of mayonnaise. I liked it. It had a very fresh taste with the celery and the parsley. I didn't feel guilty while eating it either.

Hey, I guess I did eat something green on St. Patrick's Day after all.

Tomorrow I'll show you what I ate this egg salad on.

Blast From The Past: Sour Cream-Bran Muffins from June 2006. I remember that those smelled really good. I have to make those again soon.

Question of the Day: Do you like egg salad?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yep! I haven't had it in years, but I used to make it all the time when I was little.

Anonymous said...

Love it, love it!

Jan

DancesInGarden said...

I do. But I prefer it made with mayo rather than "salad dressing" which makes it too sweet for me. I like to add a bit of celery and onion but DH likes it plain so I normally make it that way.

I have even made sort-of-egg-salad by cooking and cubing egg whites only and mixing them with chickpeas that have been pureed with a bit of mustard and a touch of yogurt instead of using the yolks and mayo. Not bad, for a lower fat and cholesterol version but definitely a bit more trouble.

ThursdayNext said...

I love, love, love egg salad and will certainly try this recipe because there is such little mayo...yummy!

M Smith said...

Heh heh... Yeah, I sure do. But only when I'm pregnant. Otherwise, I can't stand the stuff. Bizarre...

Unknown said...

LOveee it!! I didn't quite know that the recipe existed... there I was thinking that I created it...lol. I add cucumbers to mine tho and black pepper. Also, at times I use olive oil instead of mayo.