Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Satisfying a craving
--Cinnamon and Raisin Spread



Cinnamon and Raisin Spread
The Ugly Binder, from Allrecipes.com

1 cup fat free cream cheese I used low-fat
1 cup cottage cheese I used low-fat
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons white sugar I added a bit more
1/2 cup raisins

Place fat free cream cheese, cottage cheese, cinnamon and white sugar in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in raisins. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until serving.
_________________

Years ago, during the early 90s, I worked across the street from a Skolnick's bagel shop. I loved their cinnamon raisin spread. I found myself craving it the other day but the bagel shop near work has walnuts in their version. So I had to make it myself.

Was it as good as I remembered? Not quite since I used low-fat products and I'm sure Skolnick's didn't but it satisfied my craving and now I've moved on. Well, not really. I'm all out of sorts, appetite-wise again. I'm not craving anything which is frustrating if that makes sense. Nothing I eat is very satisfying. It's grocery night and I'll probably be tossing things in the cart willy-nilly and that's not good. I'm trying to keep things relatively healthy but even the 'bad stuff' doesn't appeal to me right now.

Blast From The Past: Slow-Cooker Pot Roast with Caramelized Onion Gravy from March 2006. That may have been the best pot roast I've ever made.

Question of the Day: Do you like bagels? What kind? What do you like on them?

3 comments:

Wanda said...

Yes, I do....although I haven't had one in ages. The 'Everything' bagels are my favorite, I think. I like them nuked with butter and then cream cheese added.

Astrid Keel said...

I love bagels ,especially sesame seed ones, toasted, with salmon cream cheese spread. I have never had anything like this cinnamon spread, but it sounds delish!

Anonymous said...

Sure I do! (Just like everything else that's mentioned.) I guess my favorites are onion with cream cheese and plain with butter, but they're all good.

Jan